Yesterday, it was the year two thousand and ten.
Today, it is two thousand and eleven.
First, to look back. What a year! I started off the year in Prince George with Brian and Mom and Dad Claus, Dave and Krista. We played some fun games and relaxed and talked and I don't even know if we realized when 2009 passed off to 2010. Sometimes things just sneak up on you.
Such as the ring and the question that Brian presented me with on January 24, 2010. Joyous.
March included a trip to Ontario to see my family after 7 months away and to celebrate with them.
April, May, June flew by- adventuring in Newfoundland, planning a wedding, looking forward to things to come. Yet still savouring the present. Being engaged was a special season.
July 31 I flew to Ontario to enter into my final two weeks of singlehood. They were an amazing whirlwind.
August 13 I walked down the aisle and Brian and I vowed to love and to cherish each other as long as we both shall live.
The days, weeks and months after that have been spent learning what those vows mean. Or to start learning, at least- its a lifetime journey. To love each other and build our marriage and our faith together as we learn just so, so much. It's hard to really say just how good its been. How challenging and stretching sometimes, but oh so good.
We went to Niagara Falls, to Huntsville, Algonquin Park. San Francisco, the California coast. Oregon. Monterrey Bay. And then, back to our St. John's. Our rugged wild foggy rock in the North Atlantic.
I feel like our roots are extending deeper into St. John's. Being away from it always helps me to see that, as we have spent our holidays in Grimsby. (and they have been great!). Seeing faces I have known for so long and spending time with family and seeing how everyone is doing and what's going on in their lives now... to really catch up.
More on all that later. In the mean time, happy new year!
2011- God, the one who sees the whole year ahead, holds us tightly as we enter into it.
Therefore, rest secure.
1 comment:
you, my dear, are a very wise woman.
Post a Comment