Tuesday, 6 May 2008

RN

I got the job. :)
Vancouver General Hospital, Orthopaedic Trauma, 7th floor, RN, full time.
Start date June 24. I am an employee of Vancouver Coastal Health.

Scary, really. I'm going to have my very own patients. No preceptor, no clinical instructor, just me. Good thing there's a lot of support there for new grads, cause there's sooooo much to learn. But I look forward to it. For now, though, I'm enjoying these 2 months off.

Camping, surfing, more camping coming up- it's pretty fantastic actually. Supplemented by studying for the CRNE so I actually get to work in that glorious hospital, rather than having my temp license ripped out of my little hands when they find out that I fail. It'll be a relief to get that monster of that exam over with.

Victoria is a beautiful place right now. Sun shines, birds sing, cherry blossoms blowing in the wind, flowers everywhere, and the ocean just a stone's throw away. That's kind of a weird expression. But from the top of Mt Tolmie, if I had amazing arm strength, it seems like I could almost throw a rock into that huge blue pond...

What a crazy time right now though. I have 26 days left in Victoria. That's not much, not much at all. I'm going to miss this place, and the ties are getting stronger to this little island. I never would've thought, when I came here to BC in January, that this was how things would pan out... and the adventure continues :)

No comments: