Thursday, 16 February 2012

Rainy days

Our weather here in St. John's lately has been something like this... huge snowstorm, freezing rain, sleet, ice pellets, torrential rainfall, dry-and-cold, smidgen of sun, and repeat cycle!!
Not the greatest... but yesterday I managed to walk in that little bit of sun to the post office and get some vitamin D for both Bronwen and I in the process. So I can't complain... it's just an exercise in "now kennet nogh"-- (I have no idea how to spell that, but in Dutch it means 'Do it while you can' and is a common phrase used by my family for all types of situations!)

I am enjoying these at-home days lately. I always enjoyed being at home and being domestic, now the challenge is to be at home and be domestic while balancing the needs of a (very cute) small child. It definitely keeps me busy. Cooking and baking is always a good activity, as I enjoy it and it is also necessary to keep us well-nourished and content!

I have booked a flight to Ontario for mid-April so Bronwen will be coming with me on her first ever airplane ride to visit Grandma and Grandpa B! She will be meeting her Grandpa for the very first time so that's pretty special. I look forward to introducing her to lots of other friends and family in ON, and also taking advantage of lots of babysitting help. :)

That's all for now... more to come...

1 comment:

kiwiberg said...

Yay, looking forward to having my daughter and cutest granddaughter home for a visit!!
I know what the weather can be like in St John's. You really have to make the most of that sunshine when it is there. Hoping that Ontario will keep up with it's amazing mild winter and that Spring will also be nice when you come ,so we can go on lots of walks!!