Our little button is now 5 days overdue. Well, depending on how you look at it I suppose. The arbitrary
estimated date of delivery for our baby was 5 days ago. Still, seeing as many big events in life have a set date, it's hard to not focus on that date and start to get a little anxious when it passes by. And a couple more days go by. And a couple more...
But my mum is here and she is very good at helping to distract me! Will attach some pictures of recent activities. Brian is also a very patient father-to-be.
Tomorrow morning we are going to the hospital for a 'biophysical profile'- aka- to check baby's heartrate, movements, amount of amniotic fluid, etc. If all is well, we just keep waiting. If something is amiss, then something might need to be done to encourage him or her to come out. If you are the praying type, please pray that everything will be okay there, and for patience in our household! (mostly for yours truly). 5 days over really isn't that much, but I get nervous when they start talking about inducing and all that (which wouldn't be until next week anyway).
Without further delay, some latest adventures...
 |
| Dave comes over for games |
 |
| Lauren and Ethan come over for baby visiting |
 |
| Making soup |
 |
| Evening reads |
 |
| Mum and I got rid of the tree all by ourselves.. and it didn't even fall off |
 |
| Downtown |
 |
| Mum and her ancestors |
yes, I am wearing the same clothes in every indoor picture. I am running out of clothing options.
2 comments:
haha, I like how your lumberjack shirt still fits over the belly. Praying for you for tomorrow :)
praying that all is well. I'm so glad for you that your mom is there. How very special for the two of you.
Today, we're celebrating the Epiphany here, when (supposedly) the 3 wise men came with gifts for Jesus. So, we get to eat sweet bread with a tiny figurine hidden in it. Whoever gets the piece of bread with the figurine, gets to be king or queen for the day. Maybe this'll make the baby want to have Jan. 6th as his/her birthday.
Hugs to all of you.
Post a Comment