It's been a whirlwind of a couple weeks.
There's so much to take in.
It's good.
It's been hard at times, I'll be honest. When one of the biggest parties of your life, aka a wedding, is approaching in less than 6 months, its hard not to get caught up in the planning- at least at first.
But now I can safely say that the big things are hammered out and the rest of it is just details. Little things which I can putter away on.
Sometimes I can't believe that I'm getting married. It's amazing how your world changes... things just keep happening and happening and all of a sudden, there you are- and everything is different. Yesterday I was on a plane to Victoria to do my final nursing placement there, wondering about living in BC and if I would really like it or not, wondering where it would all lead. Today I wake up and I'm here in Newfoundland and I've got this ring on my finger and a love so dear to my heart that I am ready to commit to the rest of our days together.
Amazing.
There is so much to learn. About communication and love and respect and honesty and compromise.. and trust. It sounds cliche but it's true. Where we will be in the fall (it's 'we' now, not just "I'- another amazement)- how long we will be here on the Rock- learning to appeciate the here and now and the wait and not yet and be patient and trust...
Adding to all of this, work has been taxing lately... and yesterday I couldn't give report to my oncoming nurse who was taking my patients without tearing up a little-- and cried on my way home. Combination of a super long hard day and the emotional drain I felt. Pray for the 35 yr old man and his wife and 10 month old baby who are dealing with the horrible monster of cancer. And the fact that it will likely snatch away his life in the next few days..... who am I to be their nurse? And yet I was... I only can hope that I gave them some small amount of good.
We rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.
There's so much to take in.
It's good.
It's been hard at times, I'll be honest. When one of the biggest parties of your life, aka a wedding, is approaching in less than 6 months, its hard not to get caught up in the planning- at least at first.
But now I can safely say that the big things are hammered out and the rest of it is just details. Little things which I can putter away on.
Sometimes I can't believe that I'm getting married. It's amazing how your world changes... things just keep happening and happening and all of a sudden, there you are- and everything is different. Yesterday I was on a plane to Victoria to do my final nursing placement there, wondering about living in BC and if I would really like it or not, wondering where it would all lead. Today I wake up and I'm here in Newfoundland and I've got this ring on my finger and a love so dear to my heart that I am ready to commit to the rest of our days together.
Amazing.
There is so much to learn. About communication and love and respect and honesty and compromise.. and trust. It sounds cliche but it's true. Where we will be in the fall (it's 'we' now, not just "I'- another amazement)- how long we will be here on the Rock- learning to appeciate the here and now and the wait and not yet and be patient and trust...
Adding to all of this, work has been taxing lately... and yesterday I couldn't give report to my oncoming nurse who was taking my patients without tearing up a little-- and cried on my way home. Combination of a super long hard day and the emotional drain I felt. Pray for the 35 yr old man and his wife and 10 month old baby who are dealing with the horrible monster of cancer. And the fact that it will likely snatch away his life in the next few days..... who am I to be their nurse? And yet I was... I only can hope that I gave them some small amount of good.
We rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.
No comments:
Post a Comment