Thursday, 1 October 2009

fall days








It's another cloudy day here in St. John's. We seem to be getting a lot of them lately... or maybe it's just that they fall on my days off. Ah well.

Had a lovely weekend- went for a great hike, and did orienteering on Sunday. I love backpacking. I love being out there, along the edge of the ocean. The salty spray smells so good, those 'ocean mist' air fresheners have nothing on the real thing. Also, we saw REAL seafoam coming down from the waves, white tufts of bubbles. And I love the taste of food when you're out hiking- soup and crackers, cheese, mango, and dark chocolate... mmmm. Everything is better outside.

This weekend is packed full or work but I'll get through it. Can't believe that it's already October. Less than 3 months till Christmas. 3 months till 2010. 2010, can you believe it? But I don't want it to hurry too much. I want to savour the fall. Before I get wallopped with my first Newfoundland winter. Apparently, all signs point to it being a big one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will be interesting to see what weather winter brings. Maybe you will be smothered in snow or maybe those winds on the coast will blow it away.

Smash said...

the berrys on the one berry tree that is not edible are big this year.

according to those in the know - that means a long hard winter is in store...

you better believe i'm excited...